(makes 18 servings)
1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
1.5 c. raw almonds
¼ c. pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
1 tbsp. flaxmeal
1.5 tbsp. water
1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
1/2 c. almond butter (or peanut butter)
1/4 c. local honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. almond flour
½ tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan.
3. Put almonds, coconut and pepitas in a food processor and pulse to break down to granola type size.
4. In a large bowl, mix flax and water and let sit for 3 minutes.
5. Add coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla. Stir.
6. Add almond flour, baking soda, almond/coconut/pepita mixture and sunflower seeds, stir well.
7. Fold in chocolate chips (or any other desired mix-in: raisins, cranberries, etc…).
8. Spoon mixture into a brownie pan and press into a flat even layer.
9. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting.
10. Stores best in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Calories: 167, Total Fat: 47, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 1, Potassium: 73, Total Carb: 5, Dietary Fiber: 2, Sugars: 1, Protein: 4