Hello, I’m Doctor Dillon Hammes, Let me tell you a quick story about how headaches, low back, and shoulder pain saved my life.
At the time I was in high school, struggling with trying to play sports, go to school, and work. I was having a hard time concentrating and simply trying to function in my daily life without pain.
I was getting more and more afraid things wouldn’t get better.
Then something really bad happened: I had another concussion which made everything worse.
My headaches got worse and my shoulder pain became unbearable, so I tried multiple injections in my shoulder for the pain. This meant I couldn’t exercise or play sports, which were my biggest stress relievers between school and work. Even worse I could hardly move my arm after these injections.
As you can imagine, I was in bad shape and desperate, but I wasn’t ready to give up on my dream of living a pain free life without limitations. I went to my football coach and told him what was going on, and was then that I was introduced to Chiropractic.
At that point, everything changed for me!
I learned that the way chiropractic or healing in general works is that your brain sits on top your spine and it talks to your body through the spinal cord, which is protected by the skull, and vertebrae. Now coming out next to the discs and between the bones are these nerves and they are the phone towers that connect your brain everything. We need to always have good reception, I mean a 4 G signal!
The spine is much more intricate than I’m saying here, but basically when a bone shifts out of alignment, the nerves don’t work like they did before. That can happen from injuries, poor posture, sleeping funny, lifting too much, anything really. The muscles, tendons, and ligaments are a big part of this but the bones are what protect the nerves.
If this phone goes to your heart, your heart doesn’t hear or read the full message your brain sends. Same thing goes for the stomach, thyroid, arms, and every other body part or function you can think of is all controlled by the brain. It turns out that the multiple sports injuries and concussions I had, caused some bones to shift out of alignment in my neck, which caused headaches and shoulder problems.
So when we talk about the problems I had, my quality of life was right here, but was headed this direction. Once I found chiropractic and started taking care of myself, my quality of life started moving in this direction. (use the light board or brain lamp?)
All the sudden, my headaches were gone!
My shoulder started feeling better!
For the first time in a long time, I felt great!
– This changed my way of thinking when I recognized that we are in mostly in charge of our own health. I discovered how to appreciate the way our bodies are self healing and self regulating as long as there is no interference in the process.
– In doing that I learned how to Take better care of myself through clean eating, exercise, and using multiple holistic services for overall maintenance. I’ll talk about everything I do to improve and maintain my health in another video.
But because I found Chiropractic, I was able to:
- Exercise and function without pain and better concentrate in school.
- Eventually I was so inspired with my awesome results, that I decided to go to Palmer College of Chiropractic and now I am able to help others as a Doctor of chiropractic with adjustments and many other holistic services we will cover later on.
- Now I teach people how to take charge of their health and am able to see the miracle healing power of the body everyday. Here is an example of just one of the thousands of testimonials we have received (read one of my best reviews).
I’m living my dream of Living a pain free life without limitations and I never have to worry about chronic pain ever again. With that, I am able to raise a healthy family and be the kind of father and husband that I want to be.
And that’s why I’m so passionate about “Living The Total Health Dream” is because I know that this information will be valuable for anybody I can share it with no matter how old you are or where you are in your health journey.
Thanks for reading and Keep Smiling! ?