Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8-10 hours
4 lb. bone in pork shoulder
4 tbsp. smoked paprika
2 tbsp. sea salt
2 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. cayenne pepper (leave this out if you don’t like things as spicy)
Your favorite BBQ sauce
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl, stir well.
2. Massage spice rub all over pork shoulder. You can wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight) OR you can just cook it right away. I usually just cook mine right away.
3. Put pork shoulder into the crockpot, add ¼ c. of water and cook for 8-10 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
4. Pull apart the meat with two forks.
5. Put all the meat back in the crockpot.
6. You can either serve immediately and add BBQ sauce on your plate OR add a whole bottle of BBQ sauce to the meat in the crockpot and cook on low for 1 hr to meld flavors together.
7. Serve and enjoy!