Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
4 large zucchini
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. Italian sausage (or other favorite pizza toppings)
½ tsp. oregano
1 tbsp. chopped basil (a few leaves)
Salt and pepper to taste
1.5 c. marinara sauce
2/3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut each zucchini in half horizontally, then scoop out the center, leaving about a ½ inch of zucchini on the skin. Place scooped out insides into a medium sized bowl and gently pat with a paper towel to get rid of a bit of the excess water.
3. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat and cook sausage until browned, about 3-5 min, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks.
4. Add the sausage, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, and marinara to the bowl with the zucchini bits.
5. Scoop the marinara mixture into each zucchini boat and sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
6. Bake about 10-12 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese has melted.
7. Serve immediately.